Stand Up Paddle Board Rentals
Stand Up Paddle Boarding (or SUP) is quickly becoming the water sport of choice. It’s fun for all ages, easy, and a great way to play on the water. Paddleboards offer an amazing full body workout; working core muscles, upper body and legs. And since you stand at your full height, you can enjoy unique views of everything from fish and water plant life to what’s on the horizon. Call for rates and to rent one of our stand up paddle boards today.
How To Stand Up On Your Paddle Board
At first, you may find it easier to kneel on the board rather than to stand upright. Here are the steps to get you started:
- Standing alongside the board in shallow water, place your paddle across the deck of the board and use it for balance. The paddle grip is on the edge or rail of the board; the blade rests on the water.
- Hold the paddle board by the rails. One hand will also be holding the paddle grip.
- Pop yourself onto the board into a kneeling position, just behind the center point of the board.
- From that kneeling position, get a feel for the balance point of the board. The nose shouldn’t pop up out of the water and the tail shouldn’t dig in.
- Keep your hands on either side of the board to stabilize it.
Once you’re ready, stand up on the board one foot at a time. Place your feet where your knees were. Stay in the middle of the board with feet parallel to the stringer about shoulder width apart.
You might also bring a friend to help stabilize the board as you get the hang of standing on it. Keep a slight bend in the knees and your core centered over the board.
Please call for rates and availability.